Monday, January 31, 2011

All is well! All is well!

Life isnt always easy. At some point in our journey we may feel much as the pioneers did as they crossed Iowa. Up to our knees in mud, forced to bury some of our dreams along the way. We all face rocky ridges, with the wind in our face and winter coming on too soon. Sometimes it seems as though there is no end to the dust that stings our eyes and clouds our vision. Sharp edges of despair and discouragement jut out of the terrain to slow our passage. Occasionally we reach the top of one summit in life, as the pioneers did, only to see more mountain peaks ahead, higher and more challenging than the one we hae just traversed. Tapping unseen reservoirs of faith and enduranace, we, as did our forebears, inch ever forward toward that day when our voices can join with those of all the pioneers who have endured in faith, singing, 'All is well! All is well!
Ensign, May 1997, 61

This was a quote my sister found recently and posted. For those of you that know Cassidy, you know what's going on...or you can read about it on her blog. I love my sister and my heart breaks for what they are having to go through right now.
This past weekend my mother-in-law was taken to Calgary for major surgery. She is currently in the ICU in Calgary and stable. She will have to go back into surgery every day until they have removed all the dead tissue. There's always a risk that things could go bad at any time. Thus, we are going up to Calgary today to visit and spend some time with family.
All of this makes me think about how to explain death to my children. I am grateful for the knowledge I have of our Heavenly Father's plan and that I can be with my family forever, That no matter what happens, Heavenly Father gives us trials to make us stronger and will never give us trials that we can't handle. Ask me if you want to know more about what I believe!

No comments: