Saturday, January 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Ryker

5 years ago we were at home watching the World Junior's final game (Canada vs. ???). My water broke, it's wasn't a big gush, just like I had peed my pants. I wasn't feeling any contractions, so we decided to wait until the end of the hockey game (besides, the doctor wouldn't be there either, he'd be watching the game too!). Things didn't progress as expected, but by 330 Sat morning we had a beautiful baby boy! It's hard to believe that it's been 5 years already. Ryker is an amazing addition to our family.
This year the kids had to go to the sitter on his actual birthday. Ryker decided that he didn't want it to be his birthday when he had to go to the sitter's house. even when Chris dropped him off and said happy birthday, he said "we're not having my birthday today"! such a funny kid. Friday was bowling with Mom, Dad, and Ryker. then mcdonald's for dinner. tonight was dinner with family. Lots of presents, lots of fun! and now I have a 5 year old.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Ryker is such an adorable 5 year old! I hope you are all feeling better! I got home and looked at my camera and I only have one pic of each of your kids and the only one smiling in Blakelee....photo shoot next time I am home! I also had a great time with you guys over the holidays and am cheering you on too as I try to lose a little weight and get in shape!! Good luck!