Friday, January 28, 2011

best cookies in the world

I hate hard, crunchy cookies! cookies should be soft and chewy. There's nothing better than warm, soft cookie. I'm always looking for a great recipe. For chocolate chip I always go back to one tried and true recipe that makes a soft chewy cookie...
Chipits Chewy Milk Chocolate Cookies
(you know that recipe on the bag of Hershey's Chipits milk chocolate chips)
Beat 2/3 cup melted butter (I use soft margarine)
2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp hot water
mix well.
Stir in 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Stir in 1 package Hershey's chipits milk chocolate chips
Drop from small spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

I use my pampered chef small scoop to get uniform sized cookies and cook them on my pampered chef stone. I never use regular cookie sheets anymore, there's no other way to bake cookies.

I always make a double batch of cookie dough. then, rather than baking all the cookies, I use the small scoop to make dough balls. I fit as many as I can on a cookie sheet (this is where I use my regular cookie sheets) don't leave any space and then flash freeze the balls (put them in the freezer until frozen, about an hour). Then, put them into a freezer bag and back in the freezer. That way, I can just pull out however many I want and bake them. Fresh, warm, soft, chewy cookies without the mess of making them! It's awesome.

I also tried some oatmeal raisin cookies (except I turned them into oatmeal blueberry cookies, no nuts)
Chewy Oatmeal Raisin cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick or 4 ounces) butter, softened
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt (I often use a half teaspoon, but I like more salt in my baked goods)
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Stir this into the butter/sugar mixture. Stir in the oats, raisins and walnuts, if using them.
Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes (your baking time will vary, depending on your oven and how cold the cookies were going in), taking them out when golden at the edges but still a little undercooked-looking on top. Let them sit on the hot baking sheet for five minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool.

I still haven't make up my mind about the cinnamon, but they are nice and chewy!

Thanks guys for commenting on my last post! I know there's more of you out there, but I'll let you remain anonymous for now. Thanks for reading my blog and making me feel loved.

I gave pampered chef a plug (I really do love all the pampered chef stuff I have and use it all the time).
Now for Scensty...I have been wanting to try mixing scents for awhile, but all the "recipes" I have found are for scents that I don't have. So, today I tried one on my own...Perfectly Pomegranate and Sunkissed Citrus (one to one). YUMMY!! It smells delicious! I can't wait for March 1st, plug-ins are back in Canada!

1 comment:

Julie Allred said...

I love that choc chip recipe!! Everyone always asks me for the recipe.