Sunday, July 21, 2013

Slump

After almost 5 months of running, adding in swimming and biking. Training for races along the way. I hit a wall! a little over a week ago I ran a 5k fun run (Scentsy Family Reunion 1st ever) in Indianapolis, Indiana. WOW! The humidity was something I wasn't ready for. I knew it would be hot and humid, but I never thought it would affect my running so much...it did. It was the first time I've ever felt like puking while running (I have a friend that pukes everytime she runs!!) and I had to walk part of it just to finish. I did finish and felt good about it (though not happy with my time). The rest of the week was filled with tons of walking while I attended the Reunion (aka convention). I did run 5k the saturday morning before I left, but since then I've been fighting to keep training! I've had to force myself to get out and struggled to finish even 5k training runs!

Now begins a new week, I will focus on the triathlon that I have coming up August 17th! Bike on Monday, Run on Tuesday/Wednesday, Swim on Thursday, Bike on Friday, Run on Saturday morning (aiming for 8k) and a bike ride with the family! There, it's out there and I'm accountable (if only to my computer, I can do it!)

No comments: