Sunday, July 14, 2013

Scentsy Family Reunion 2013 part 1

As some of you may know, I just returned from Indianapolis, Indiana for the annual Scentsy Family Reunion (aka convention, but we're a big family, so now we call it a family reunion!) I had a fabulous time! Indianapolis is a cool city with a beautiful state park right outside my hotel. I got to participate in the first ever Scentsy Family 5k Fun Run (it was tough, only because it was soooooo humid there)! I got to see all kinds of new stuff from Scentsy, Velata and Grace Adele (I'm ready for some awesome parties this fall)! I got to go to Heidi's birthday bash (Heidi and Orville Thompson are the president and CEO of Scentsy Family), and Kelly Clarkson did a private concert for us (very cool)! But the best part was the inspiration from so many speakers and leaders. I learned so much that I can apply in my business and my life.
Today, I want to share just a little bit about what I learned this week...

Meghann and Ryan Clements are great leaders. Meghann is my sponsor in Scentsy and has been a shining star for me since I joined 2.5 years ago. They are SuperStar Directors (the highest rank in our business) and had a meeting for everyone under them on the first day of reunion. I just want to share a few of the things I took from this meeting.

Meghann--start a new chapter in your life. use the next 3 days to decide how you want to start that chapter. She challenged us to each write down 1 goal each night and date stamp it. A goal without a date you want to achieve it by is just a dream! My goals for this year are HUGE, but I'm excited...1) Director by November 2013. 2) Lose 20 lbs by December 2013 (40 lbs by July 2014). 3) Grace Adele Trendsetter by December 2013. I'm so excited to aim for these goals!

Ryan--he gave us 5 ways to strengthen our "why" 1) gain strength from your community (the scentsy family, not just our team/group, but others we meet). 2) activities (things like the 5k and incentive trips and reunion), engage in these activities. 3) relationships (develop and maintain one-on-one relationships with each other). 4) strengthen relationships with your directors (all TWW directors). 5) look for constant A-HA moments!

It's going to be a fabulous end to 2013!! I can't wait!!

No comments: