Thursday, February 10, 2011

post 100

I was just going to do a quick blog about the Valentine's we made for Ryker's class, but I realized that this will be my 100th post. How can I not make it special! Problem, I have no idea how to make it special! So, I guess you just get a boring post about valentine's and maybe some new recipes...

I found this cute idea at sisters stuff blog and had to try it out. I love valentine's day, but hate that kids valentine's are all about the candy. I wanted to do something different, but more than just a silly card. Here's what we got.



I did freezer meals with a friend this week and wanted to come up with some new ideas. Here are two that I came up with. The first I've had before. The second, I hope it tastes as good as I think it will. Note: I make big batches of both, so I'm going to put down the amounts I used, if you want I can break it down to one meal.

Ham and Potatoe Casserole (A twist on funeral potatoes)

3 bricks of cream cheese
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans cream cheddar soup
1000 mL sour cream
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 bags cubed, frozen hashbrowns
8 cups cubed, cooked ham

mix cream cheese, soups and sour cream in large bowl. add hashbrowns, mix to cover potatoes. add cheese and ham. mix well. divide into 8x8 pans (this gave me enough for 6 pans). cover with tinfoil. freeze. To serve, thaw, cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour (or until bubbly and hot in center).

Southwest Chicken

8 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 jar of kraft sizzling salads spicy fajita cooking sauce
1 jar of kraft sizzling salads barbeque ranch dressing
2 cups ranch dressing
4 cans black beans (rinsed)
3 cans kernal corn

mix dressings/sauce, add chicken. stir until chicken coated. add beans and corn. mix well. divide into large freezer, ziploc bags. (I got 6 from this recipe). To serve, thaw, warm over stove. serve over rice, in tortillas, or over salad. Enjoy.


Scent of the day: Sandalwood and cranberries! YUM. in the bedroom: My Wish! What are you smelling today?

No comments: