Monday, June 11, 2007

Feeling good

I have been feeling great this past week. I have been doing something active almost every day, whether I run/walk (my last "run" I did actually run most of the time), ride my bike (I've got added resistance with Ryker in the chariot, I love the chariot, it was a great investment), or climbing (Chris and I went with mom and dad on friday night, wow, it's been forever since I've done that and my arms were sore after), or tennis (we bought tennis rackets and made good use of the tennis courts in Picture Butte, even though we're not very good, it was fun). It's becoming easier to get up and move now. I don't have to convince myself that it will be worth it, I now know it will be worth it. Eating habits are slowly coming under control. though that is taking more work. It doesn't help when I go to work and there always seems to be timbits or chips or other such snacks. I have been resisting for the most part, as when I do eat all those things I end up bloated and feeling gross by the end of my shift. (as I sit here finnishing a timbit). I have made an influence on Chris too. Just the other night he went for a bike ride on his own. We'll see how this upcoming week goes.

2 comments:

TinaLaRae said...

You inspire me, again! It's great, all you've been doing! It was nice to run into you last week, hope we do it again.

TinaLaRae said...

Hey Nat sure you can repost my post. I hope you don't think I think less of theose who work in Calgary, Lethbridge or any other area. I really don't blame any Staff, there just seems to be a problem with needing more staff and possably larger facilities. I realize it does require lots of $$$$$ and time. Please don't think I am ragging on Hospital Staff, I admire and comend all who work in this difficult area! I also realize that you, along with co workers, put up with alot of crap and I know that you are human and do the best you can! And ya I believe you on the wait times in Lethbridge, my sister in law comes to the ER here if she needs to and she lives in Lethbridge. Still we have to be thankful for what medical practices we have here it could be alot worse.