Sunday, November 6, 2011

Books, books, and more books!

I've been reading some great books and I keep adding to my list of "to-read" (thanks to goodreads and all my friends that keep posting books they like or want to read! If you're on goodreads, add me as your friend, I'm always looking for new ideas!)

I'll start with a few books on my "to-read" list...the list is much longer than this, but these are at the top of the list
l




now, what I'm currently reading...(yes, I am currently reading all 3 of them. which one I read on a given day depends on what kind of mood I'm in)
this one makes me laugh, it makes me feel better about not being "perfect" when it comes to all the things you're supposed to do...

I really just started this one, maybe the first page. but I've heard that it is amazing!

I really never liked Oprah, the only reason I'm reading this is because I know how it ends! I'm interested to see how it all comes about. The author decided to see if doing all the things that Oprah says we should do will really make life better...she did everything Oprah said to do for a
full year...

Now for what I've read recently...
We read this for a book club I'm in. I didn't like it, it's an easy read, but not worth the time (in my opinion)

I read this awhile ago, but I really enjoyed it, especially with the whole Eat, Pray, Love hype. I liked this one so much better than Eat, Pray, Love. If you want to read something like that, read this one!

Becoming Isaac inspired me...I've blogged about this series before, but as a follow up...I am taking a pottery class because of this book and LOVING it!! Pottery is a great way for me to bring out my inner artist!! I'll blog about my pottery adventures another day!

This is my latest read. I found it very interesting! If you've read it, I'd love to hear what you think...

2 comments:

Diana said...

Oh I am so jealous that you can read three books at the same time! I now have a good start on some books I want to read next. Your mom was telling me about Sarah's key so I will def have to try that one. The Book of Negros was interesting. I liked it but there were some gruesome details and my heart just breaks for people like the woman in the story. As for The Book Thief you need to devote all your time to it. Like I said before... it is amazing!

The Samples Sampler said...

Thanks for the book suggestions! I would love to hear what you think of the book thief. We just read "Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers" for our last book club...interesting book. I actually ended up liking it a lot.