Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Joy School

So, many moons ago, when I was 3 or 4, my mom joined several other moms and we participated in Joy School. Last year I got thinking about it, and thought it would be fun for Ryker. I googled it, and came to a website where you had to join to access the program. I didn't join at the time, I didn't have anyone else to do it with and couldn't see myself doing it all alone. Then, a few weeks ago, a friend called and asked if I was interested in joining a group of moms to start Joy School for our kids. I got excited and agreed to join them. I signed up on the website (click here to check it out). and began preparing for Joy School to start. When I told Ryker about it, he got really excited (living across the street from the school he asks me almost every day if he can go to school). Next Tuesday is our first day and I am so excited! I got the music CDs in the mail yesterday and have been playing them for Ryker and Kayla all day (some of the songs are the original recordings from when I was in Joy School!)

What is Joy School?? It's like preschool (kinda) but the mom's take turns teaching for a week (2 days a week) at their home. the kids learn from different units (the joy of my body, the joy of the earth, the joy of sharing and service, etc) through songs, activities and stories.

No comments: