Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Inspiration

Ok, Tina, you've inspired me...I just read your blog about your two month goals. I too have been trying to improve my health. I can't blame it on my son, it was my choice to eat McDonald's fries and chocolate so often. I try to blame it on my low iron (also my fault, but I'm not quite ready to go there yet, so I'll suffer through Iron pills every day), which makes me tired all the time. I have so many excuses that really aren't good excuses. So, it stops here. I've already registered for ladiesfest (an 8km run) in June. Training will be essential (otherwise I'll pass out before I can finnish). I know I won't finnish first (or even 10th), but I want to be able to finnish without feeling like I'm going to die.
Goals...
-->run/walk/ride bike at least 4 times a week (I can do this, Ryker and I can go to the library the long way, we can ride bikes as a family, I can go out when Chris is home and I need a break)
-->eat good foods (no more eating out)
-->stop eating after 7:30pm
-->eat breakfast
-->limit treats/junk (notice I'm not cutting it out, I think all things in moderation is my motto here)
-->do yoga/pilates twice a week (to start)

Please ask about my progress. I'll keep you posted on how things are going. (thanks Tina, for the extra boost, good luck to you too)

2 comments:

TinaLaRae said...

You go girl! I have to say I've done pretty good. This week I didn't make it to the gym with trying to get my bedroom makeover complete but the lifting and painting and working non stop I only ate my meals with no time to snack on the bad things.

Anonymous said...

Hey Natalie, How's your progress? now you guys have got me motivated! I use all the excuses in the book! But I was just saying to a friend today that if I spent even half the time I spend on Facebook, I could actually read a book in a decen ammount of time. Well, now I am changing it to excercising. I'm going to start logging my puter time. For every 1/2 hr on the computer, I will spend 1/2 an hour exercising: Walk to the park with the kids, Walk to the mailbox to send mail, Walk the dog when Will is home (our dog is too hyper to walk both him and the kids together!), ride my bike, try to get to the gym, I live about 13 blocks from work, so I'm going to start walking or biking to work. Thanks for the motivation!!